Parent Volunteer Opportunities
On this page you can find volunteer opportunities to fulfill your 30 hour obligation, information about the Parent Crew Organization (PCO), and information on tracking your volunteer hours.
Entheos Parent Volunteer Commitment
The active participation of parents, is critical to the success of Entheos Academy. Parents who choose to place their children in a charter school understand the huge benefits that their interest and involvement in the education of their child creates. As part of the decision to place your child at Entheos Academy, we encourage and ask parents to commit 30 hours of volunteer time, per family, per year.
There are many ways to put in your service hours:
Assist with a multitude of opportunities such as reading with students,
class parties, field trips etc.
Contact your child’s teacher through their email. You can find this
information under the “Our Crew” menu section.
Books & Breakfast Program
Read to children during breakfast time, with 7:30am – 8:15am daily opportunities.
- Kearns: [email protected]
Not available at this campus.
How to Track Your Volunteer Hours
Please log your volunteer hours as you get them. It’s an easy way to keep track of the 30 hours we ask each family to volunteer each year.
To do this, simply sign into your Compass account and look on the left side of the screen for an option to log your hours. Compass can be accessed by clicking here.
If you need help accessing the system or logging your hours, please call the front desk.
Parent Crew Organization (PCO)
The goal of the PCO is to encourage parental support and participation, engage parents as real partners and provide meaningful opportunities to involve parents in accomplishing the mission of Entheos. There is no fee to join the Entheos PCO- the only requirement is the desire to help! If you are a parent that is not able to come to school to help (maybe you have little ones with you or work during the day), joining a PCO Crew that has responsibilities that can be done from home is a perfect way to put in your volunteer hours!
Being on a PCO Crew
As a crew member, each parent will come up with ideas on how to make the crew fun and productive. Some crews are active all year round and some at certain times of the school year. Just because you sign up on a crew, does not mean you can’t help with another crew!
- Service Learning Crew
- Assist with service days and opportunities throughout the year
- Organize parents to come in and mentor 6th grade students with their service learning projects
- Appreciation Crew
- Plan and carry out Teacher Appreciation week
- Meals for staff during student led conferences
- Other appreciation opportunities
- Teacher Birthdays
- Values Crew
- Plan and carry out contest to help promote and support each of the school’s values
- Decorate a school bulletin board with the value of the month
- Create flyers about the value of the month
- Help create social media posts about the value of the month
- Clothing Exchange Crew
- Organize and run the annual uniform clothing exchange at the beginning of the school year.